You're sitting in a coffee shop with friends, sipping your brew. No one knows that you are carrying the Strange Brew gimmick, which you will secretly deploy when you're ready to blow their minds with miracles like this...
- Make a marked coin penetrate the bottom of the cup and rise up to the top of your coffee.
- Balance a coin on top of your coffee. Give the cup a shake and the coin sinks down and then drops through the bottom of the cup.
- Make a signed card appear folded up in your coffee.
- Turn your cup of brew into a "crystal ball" by making predictions and images slowly fade into view.
- Push a straw through the bottom of your cup so that it sticks up through the coffee. Pull it back out and show that there is no hole in the cup.
- Make a creepy skull or other small object appear inside your coffee.
At the conclusion of your performance you can leave your cup of coffee on the table for anyone to examine because there is nothing to find!
You will receive the special Strange Brew gimmick. It's precision engineered and will last for many years. In addition you will get a printed PVC plastic card containing two waterproof folded Bicycle card gimmicks (one red back and one blue back) and a waterproof number 3. John also teaches you how to make your own card gimmicks using your favorite brand of playing cards.
Want to make your own prediction or image appear in your coffee? No problem. Just print it on your computer printer and then waterproof it using John's easy method. Everything is explained in the tutorial (with YouTube video).
NOTE: Common craft supplies (scissors, hot glue, super glue, etc.) are needed for some of the preparations. Strange Brew is designed to work with the paper coffee cups used in Starbucks and other coffee houses. It also works with soda served in paper or plastic soda cups.